I would like to share with you my passion for the environment.
My goal is to make people aware of the impact they can have on our planet and with the help of everybody I beleive that mother earth can still be saved. In this section you will find articles relevant to our environment, comments, personnal thoughts, discoveries, methodes on how to live a greener life.
Make every day an earth day.
Simply Mom - 40 ways to go greener at home …besides just recycling
Tsh Oxenreider, the founder of Simply Mom is a dynamic mom of three kids and a writer. In this blog, she and other friends around the planet give advices, tips, and share stories to make life easier. They defend and love benefits of living with more intention. That’s why in April 2009 she published a famous article about how it is important to take care about our dear planet. According to Tsh “Being environmentally-friendly is just good economics—in our home and budget, and with the earth God gave us”.
From how to create a homemade compost bin to a simple advice with huge environmentally consequences as turn off your computer at night, Tsh made a list of easy and good tips to be green. Her aim? “They’ll become a habit”.
See more on: http://simplemom.net/tips-to-go-green-at-home/
Organic cotton - The risks of cotton faming
Organic Cotton is a community platform where people can share knowledge about cotton industry. In the link below are demonstrated the environmental and social consequences of this monoculture. Cotton has been the most produced fiber in the world. With more than 25 million of tones produced annually, it is one of the most polluting industries. Besides, cotton industry uses “chemicals, pests and large amount of water” and small farmers in developing countries cope with economical risks and suffered of a lack of knowledge about pests and good equipments.
Safia Minney - Fashion's impact on the Earth
Fashion with all the beautiful picture of beauty and healthy is also a dangerous and resources intensive industry in the world. Safia Minney, founder and CEO of People tree (an environmentally conscious fashion label) is considered as a pioneer in Fair Trade Fashion. She wrote a book “Fashion Naked” which reveals a chief purpose: explain truth about fashion industry and motivate people to make things better. What does she want? A change of methods and mentality used in fashion. From reality in Bangladesh factories to how and why Fair Trade is part of a solution, Safia Minney’s book leads us to think differently about a simple piece of cloth we love and the human cost for the item.
See an extract on: http://www.ecofashionworld.com/Book-Review-/Book-Review-Naked-Fashion.html
DR. PERSKY, PLASTIC SURGEON
5 Ways to Prevent Aging Hands by Dr Persky
We spend so much time, effort, and money rejuvenating our faces and necks in an effort to look younger, but time and again we see that it’s the hands that give away a patient’s actual age.
1. Skin Care Products. We are fortunate to have excellent skin care products available for the face.SkinMedica’s TNS Essential Serum (contains great anti-oxidants, peptides, skin lighteners, and growth factors) and Hydrating Gel, and Intraceuticals Moisture Binding Cream are Drs. Sunder and Persky’s favorites for their patients. When applying your moisturizing skin care product morning and night, be sure to use any extra on the back of your hands. The most important skin care product for the hands is sun block.
2. Physical Protection. There are fashionable light weight hand gloves that block UV exposure and help prevent sun damage and brown spots.
3. Laser Skin Resurfacing. Fraxel Dual laser targets brown spots as well as improving the tone, texture, and color of hand skin.
4. Fillers. As hands age, they lose fat which allows veins to appear much more prominent. Radiesse is our most popular filler to add volume to the back of hands. It is a quick, safe, and effective treatment.
5. Gloves Ms. Catia Valentin, CEO and President of HUG OF NATURE an eco friendly line of lounge wear and accessories has designed and created fabulous soft, comfortable, and stylish light knit hand gloves that protect the skin of the hands from UV sun damage.
You can find out more about these gloves at hugofnature.com tel 310 474 8059